Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Pot Stickers ( Chinese Dumplings)

We eat pot stickers last nigh but I was very tired so I didn't have time to post the recipe. This recipe is from cookbook called Practical cookery Chinese. I made some changes. Recipe made dumplings from scratch but I used dumpling wrapper. I used to make from scratch but I didn't have time  so I used dumpling wrapper. We loved it.
Ingredients
Fillings
1 cup lean chicken, very finely chopped
1 cup shrimp, very finely chopped
1/2 cup canned bamboo shoots, drained and chopped
2 scallions, finely chopped
1/2 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
2 tbspn soy sauce
1 tsp superfine sugar
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp chili oil

Preparation Method
Mix all of the filling ingredients together in a large bowl.
Spoon a portion of the filling onto one half of each dumpling wrapper. Fold the dough over the filling to form a pasty, pressing the edges together to seal.
Pour a little oil into skillet and cook the dumplings, in batches, until browned and slightly crisp.
Return all of the dumplings to the pan and add about 1/2 cup chicken sock or water. Cover and steam for 5 minutes, or until the dumplings are cooked through. Remove with  a draining spoon and serve with stri fried bok choy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Biber dolmasi ( stuffed peppers )

    This dish is very common dish in Turkey. I used to cook it top of the stove but I use slow cooker now. It works very well. I prepare it ...