Friday, May 20, 2011

Cigarette borek ( Sigara boregi)

I will have cooking class with my coworkers this Thursday. They want me to teach them how to make cigarette borek.It is very famous Turkish appetizer.
Ingredients 
Oil for dip fry
1 package Turkish filo dough ( triangle shape)
( Turkish groceries sells )
http://www.amitymeat.com/index.html
Filling
1 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 potato boiled and mashed
salt and pepper

Preparation method
Mix the filling ingredients in a bowl. Put water into small dish for stick the edges of the borek.
Put one tsp of filling on the long side of each sheet. First fold the end from the outside to the inside then roll it up.
Soak open end in the water and close it up. After you rolled up the sheets, heat up the oil fry them until light golden color. Serve them while they are still warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Biber dolmasi ( stuffed peppers )

    This dish is very common dish in Turkey. I used to cook it top of the stove but I use slow cooker now. It works very well. I prepare it ...