Sunday, September 18, 2011

Turkish carrot salad with garlic yogurt

This simple carrot salad is from my childhood. My mom made it very often. It is very simple and light dish. I use fat free yogurt.

Ingredients
2 cups Greek style yogurt 
4 medium carrot grated
2 cloves garlic, crushed
3 tbsp olive oil 
salt
Flat leaf parsley for garnish



Preparation Method
Heat oil in a non stick pan over medium heat. Add carrots cook stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until almost soft. remove from heat;  leave to cool.
Combine yogurt and carrots in a serving bowl. Add garlic ;toss. Add salt to taste.
Cover salad and chill for at least 1 hour. Spoon into serving bowls;garnish with parsley.

1 comment:

  1. That looks delicious and so easy. I will make some this week.

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

Biber dolmasi ( stuffed peppers )

    This dish is very common dish in Turkey. I used to cook it top of the stove but I use slow cooker now. It works very well. I prepare it ...