Sunday, September 18, 2011

Easy Crock Pot Roast

I found this recipe from website,  http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1712,145190-253207,00.html. It is a really easy and great recipe. I invited my friends to our home last night and cook for them.  I cook a lot of dishes from my blog but I decided to try this recipe. I'm not successful cooking beef so my husband though that it was a bad idea trying something new for my dinner party. He enjoyed the most. Everyone loved it. The meat was tender and juicy. Other than this beef dish my menu was Turkish meatballs with tomato sauce, hummus, Avocado bean salad,   Spinach borek, Lentil kofte, Amazing carrot cake roasted red bell pepper and cream cheese dip, carrot salad with garlic yogurt, Ground turkey borek, Fruit salad.
Here is the Pot Roast recipe,

Ingredients
3 lb. chuck roast
1/2 can beef broth or water
1 c. flour
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 or 2 cloves garlic
1 medium onion, diced
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 bay leaf
dash of salt and pepper

Preparation Method
Wash chuck roast. Season generously with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Coat with flour.Place floured roast into oiled skillet and brown lightly on both sides.
While browning roast, add diced onions to skillet.
Transfer roast and onions to greased crock-pot. Toss in whole garlic cloves and bay leaf.
Pour in 1/2 can beef broth over roast and add salt and pepper.
Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
Sliced the beef and put back in to the crock-pot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Biber dolmasi ( stuffed peppers )

    This dish is very common dish in Turkey. I used to cook it top of the stove but I use slow cooker now. It works very well. I prepare it ...