Sunday, February 6, 2011

Amazing Carrot Cake

I'm glad that Jeremy knows how to cook. We both enjoy cooking and entertaining our friends. He posted his recipes now I will start posting my recipes. I made carrot cake from the cookbook Smart cooking the Costco way. I didn't change anything. I follow the instruction. This cake really amazing. This cake will be my all time favorite cake:)

Ingredients
4 large eggs
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup carrot juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups shredded carrots
1 cup walnuts, chopped
Cream cheese icing
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter,softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pound confectioners sugar.

Preparation Method
Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 13 by 9 inch pan.
In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs until frothy. Add granulated sugar and brown sugar gradually,beating until well blended. add oil, juice, and vanilla beat until blended.
In another bowl,sift together flour,baking powder, baking soda,cinnamon,ginger and salt. Add to the egg mixture and beat just until blended.Stir in carrots and walnuts.
Pour the mixture intu the prepared pan.Bake for 50 minutes. Let cool on a rack.
To prepare the icing,beat cream cheese,butter and  vanilla until smooth. Gradually, add sugar,beating until smooth. Spread on the cooled cake.

2 comments:

  1. We made this carrot cake last night and it was awesome! Great Recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

Biber dolmasi ( stuffed peppers )

    This dish is very common dish in Turkey. I used to cook it top of the stove but I use slow cooker now. It works very well. I prepare it ...