Friday, May 20, 2011

Lady's thighs kofte ( kadin budu kofte)

This is very famous Turkish dish. It is dip fry meatballs. My mom was making them and I enjoyed making them until I decided to eat light food. I can still make them and cook it with little oil but my friend coming to learn how to cook them. I will show her how we cooked old days. She doesn't mind eating heavy food ones in a while.
I used recipe from my old cookbook bereketli olsun.   I used ground turkey instead of ground meat.

Ingredients
1.5 lb ground turkey
2 onion chopped very small
1 eggs
1/2 cup boiled rice
1 cup chopped fresh parsley 
 For frying
1/2 cup bread crumbs
2 eggs lightly beaten
oil for frying
Preparation Method
First cook half of the ground turkey with onion. Place in a large and add in the remaining row turkey,egg rice parsley, salt and pepper.Knead with your hands.Leave in the fridge for 30 minutes. Then give them the oval shape with your hands. 
Pour the oil in a large frying pan and heat it up. Place the bread crumbs on a plate and beat eggs in a bowl. First dip each kofte in the bread crumbs and then dip in the egg mixture. fry the kofte evenly.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Biber dolmasi ( stuffed peppers )

    This dish is very common dish in Turkey. I used to cook it top of the stove but I use slow cooker now. It works very well. I prepare it ...