Sunday, April 3, 2011

Orange and Mango Salad

I cooked salmon for dinner and I made this salad with it. It was very good combination. everyone loved it:)
I found this recipe from cookbook called cooking light. Recipe name was Orange and Avocado Salad. Recipe used avocado but I used mango instead of avocado. I will try with avocado next time.
 

 Ingredients
3 large oranges
6 cups torn curly leaf lettuce
1 cup chopped mango
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
black pepper and salt
1/4 cup sliced almond for garnish

Preparation Method  

Peel and  section oranges over a bowl. squeeze membranes to extract juice. Set sections aside, discard membranes. Reserve 3 tbsp juice.
Combine orange sections lettuce and mango in a bowl. toss gently. Combine 3 tbsp orange juice, vinegar, olive oil  and pepper and salt in a small bowl stir well with a whisk. 
Pour juice mixture over salad and toss gently to coat. Sprinkle almond pieces.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Biber dolmasi ( stuffed peppers )

    This dish is very common dish in Turkey. I used to cook it top of the stove but I use slow cooker now. It works very well. I prepare it ...