Sunday, April 10, 2011

Oatmeal Buttermilk Pancakes

I'm not really cooking these days. I'm studying for the payroll certification so I invited my friend our house to study together on Saturday morning. I made oatmeal buttermilk pancakes from complete cooking light cookbook.My friend loved it. Flavor was great.

Ingredients

1 1/4 cups low-fat or nonfat buttermilk
1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt



Preparation method

1. Combine buttermilk, oats, and vanilla; let stand 10 minutes, stirirng occasionally. Stir in oil and egg.
2. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. combine flour, brown sugar, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Add oat mixture to flour mixture, stirring unil smooth.
3. Spoon about 1/3 cup batter onto a hot nonstick griddle or nonstick skillet. Turn pancakes when tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Biber dolmasi ( stuffed peppers )

    This dish is very common dish in Turkey. I used to cook it top of the stove but I use slow cooker now. It works very well. I prepare it ...