Sunday, April 3, 2011

Garbanzo Guacamole

I have funny story to tell about the recipe. My son and Esmeralda was drinking their wine I thought that I should make appetizer for them. I had an idea and I was going to make hummus but I saw another recipe  in the same page it says Garbanzo Guacamole. I changed my mind I started making the recipe. This book doesn't have pictures so I thought that it will be dip because all the other recipes was dip. I didn't have time to read the recipe and I assumed that I should mix all the ingredient. After I finished I realized that tomato and green onions chopped and put  top of the mixed ingredients. As soon as I serve with tortilla chips they loved it. They thought that it was great taste. I changed the recipe by mistake but I'm glad it came out good. I got this recipe website is,
http://www.food.com/recipe/garbanzo-guacamole-102121

Ingredients

  • 1 clove garlic, peeled
  • 2/3 cup drained canned garbanzo beans
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1/3 cup coarsely chopped onions
  • 1/2 cup cubed peeled avocados
  • 1 tablespoon chopped green chilies
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 3/4 cup finely chopped seeded plum tomatoes
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions

Directions

  1. Drop garlic through food chute with food processor on; process until minced.
  2. Add beans and lemon juice; process 20 seconds.
  3. Add 1/3 cup onion, avocado, green chilies, salt and pepper; pulse 5 times or until mixture is chunky.
  4. Transfer mixture to a bowl.
  5. Stir in tomato and green onions.
  6. Chill for 30 minutes.
  7. Serve with tortilla chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Biber dolmasi ( stuffed peppers )

    This dish is very common dish in Turkey. I used to cook it top of the stove but I use slow cooker now. It works very well. I prepare it ...