Sunday, April 17, 2011

Med-Rim Tabbouleh

 This recipe is from cookbook called The complete Cooking light cookbook. I'm enjoying cooking recipes from this book lately. I don't make any changes. I think they are very good recipes.

Ingredients

 1 1/2 cups uncooked bulgur or cracked wheat
 1 1/2 cups boiling water
 1 teaspoon olive oil
 1 1/2 cups diced onion
 3/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
 1 tablespoon ground cumin
 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
 2 teaspoons olive oil
 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
 1/2 teaspoon salt
 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice

Directions

Combine bulgur and boiling watet in a large bowl; stir well.
Let stand 30 minutes or until water is absorbed.
Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a skillet over medium heat until hot.
Add onion; saute 5 minutes or until tender.
Add onion, parsley, and remaining ingredients to bulgur.
Cover and chill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Biber dolmasi ( stuffed peppers )

    This dish is very common dish in Turkey. I used to cook it top of the stove but I use slow cooker now. It works very well. I prepare it ...