Sunday, April 17, 2011

Emeril's Za'atar Spiced fish with Spicy Carrot Puree

I cooked this dish with Emeril. I love the taste of it but I didn't have rock fish so I used tilapia instead. It worked:) We loved it. It is very delicious with spicy carrot puree. Za'atar is Mediterranean spice so Emeril thought that I know what is it but I didn't know. My mom never used it and I never seen it. This recipe is very easy.
The website is,
http://planetgreen.discovery.com/food-health/emeril-zaatar-spiced-rockfish.html?print=true
Ingredients:
1 1/2 pounds carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch rounds
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
4 6-ounce Rockfish filets
3 tablespoons za'atar
Salt and Freshly ground pepper
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup low sodium chicken stock or vegetable stock
Method:
Bring a medium pot of water to a boil; boil the carrots in salted water until tender, then drain in a colander. In the bowl of a blender combine the carrots, cayenne pepper, cumin, coriander and ginger. Season with salt to taste. Puree until smooth. Reheat the carrot puree in a small saucepan.
Season the fish filets with the za?atar and salt and pepper. In a large saute pan, over medium heat add the olive oil; when hot place the fish in the pan skin side down. Cook the fish on the skin side for 2 minutes or until crispy and golden brown. Turn fish over and cook for another 2 minutes. Add chicken stock and let cook another 2 to 3 minutes.
To serve the fish, place 3 tablespoons carrot puree in a shallow bowl. Top with the za'atar spiced fish, add 3 tablespoons of za'atar broth. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Biber dolmasi ( stuffed peppers )

    This dish is very common dish in Turkey. I used to cook it top of the stove but I use slow cooker now. It works very well. I prepare it ...