Thursday, March 31, 2011

Quinoa with vegetable Pilaf

My son Tolga and his girl friend Esmeralda are coming from New Jersey tonight.  I cooked quinoa it came out very good. I made kofte. I will serve them together. I hope they like it. The quinoa recipe is from website,
http://www.earthlychoice.com/quinoa-recipes.html

Ingredients
1 tablespoon olive oil   
1/2 onion, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped   
2 carrots, diced
1/2 cup quinoa
 1 cup hot water or chicken stock
1 bay leaf   
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1 tablespoon lemon juice
 1/2 cup frozen green peas, thawed
Salt to taste   
Ground black pepper to taste
      
Directions:

    * Pour oil into a medium saucepan, and place over medium heat. Add onion, celery, and carrots; cook and stir for 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
    * Using a strainer, rinse quinoa under cold water. Drain well. Stir into the vegetables; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add water, bay leaf and lemon rind and juice; bring to boil. Cover, and reduce heat to medium low. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed and quinoa is tender.
    * Discard bay leaf. Stir in peas, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Biber dolmasi ( stuffed peppers )

    This dish is very common dish in Turkey. I used to cook it top of the stove but I use slow cooker now. It works very well. I prepare it ...