Thursday, March 31, 2011

Chunky Chicken Noodle Soup

Tolga used to like chicken noodle soup so I found recipe that I never try before. I like the taste. I hope Tolga likes too.  Recipe from cookbook called The complete cooking light cook book.
Ingredients
2 tsp olive oil
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup diced carrot
1 cup sliced celery
1 garlic clove, minced
3 tbsp all purpose flour
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp dried thyme
3 cans fat free less sodium chicken broth
2 cups diced peeled baking potato
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups diced cooked chicken
1 (12 ounce) fat free can evaporated fat free milk
2 cups soup noodle ( uncooked pasta )
fresh parsley chopped ( optional)

Preparation Method
Heat oil in a dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion , carrot, celery, and garlic saute 5 minutes. Sprikle flour,oregano, dried thyme over vegetables, cook one minute.
Stir in broth, potato and salt. bring to a boil;  reduce heat,and simmer, partially covered 25 minutes. Add chicken milk and noodles and cook 10 minutes or until noodles are tender. Garnish with parsley.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Biber dolmasi ( stuffed peppers )

    This dish is very common dish in Turkey. I used to cook it top of the stove but I use slow cooker now. It works very well. I prepare it ...