Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Zucchini with ground turkey ( Hindi kiymali kabak yemegi )

This dish is from Turkey. Whenever I want to cook something fast I cook Turkish dish because I don't have to look up recipe most of the time.  I know this dish from my childhood. My mom was cooking it all the time. I made some changes over the years  and this one is my own recipe.
Ingredients 
2 tbsp olive oil

1 medium size zucchini
1 pound ground turkey
1 big onion chopped
2 jalapeno pepper chopped
3 garlic cloves chopped
1 big tomato chopped
2 tbsp tomato paste
1/2 cup chicken stock
1 cup fresh dill chopped
salt and pepper

Preparation Method
In a preheated pan , heat2 tbsp olive oil. Saute onion, garlic and jalapeno peppers. for about 5 minutes.
And then add ground turkey cook throughly. Add tomato paste. Mix well.
And then add zucchini and tomato close the lid and cook about 10 minutes and than add the chicken stock.
Cook for about 15 more minutes and add dill an season with salt and pepper.
 Serve with Turkish style rice and garlic yogurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Biber dolmasi ( stuffed peppers )

    This dish is very common dish in Turkey. I used to cook it top of the stove but I use slow cooker now. It works very well. I prepare it ...