Thursday, March 10, 2011

Sweet Sour Beancurd

Whenever I want to cook something quick and healthy, I think stir fry vegetable.   I found this recipe from cookbook called 1000 low fat. I used vegetable in the refrigerator so I had to use some different vegetables. It turn out to be very good.

Ingredients
 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
 3 garlic cloves crushed
2 celery stalks sliced
1 red bell pepper dice
1 cup snow peas
1 cup mushroom sliced
1 can baby corn cobs
1 lb / 450g bean curd cubed
 Sauce
1 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp wine vinegar
1 cup chicken stock
1 tsp tomato paste
1 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp red pepper paste (optional)
1 tbsp soy sauce
Mix them well
Preparation Method
Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or pan put all the vegetables stir fry 5 minutes.
add bean curd and cook for 2 minutes.
Stir sauce in to the wok bring to the boil, and cook, stirring constantly , until the sauce thickens and clears.  continue to cok for 2 minutes.
Serve with rice or noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Biber dolmasi ( stuffed peppers )

    This dish is very common dish in Turkey. I used to cook it top of the stove but I use slow cooker now. It works very well. I prepare it ...