Sunday, March 13, 2011

Refried Beans

This recipe is from GOYA can pinto beans. It is very simple. I didn't use cheese. Even thought I love cheese but it is not good for my diet.

Ingredients

1 can (15.5 oz.) Goya Pinto Beans, undrained
1 tbsp. Goya Vegetable Oil 
1/4 small onion, diced (optional)
1 tsp. Goya Minced Garlic or 2 clove garlic, minced (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp. crumbled fresh cheese or shredded Monterey jack cheese

Directions

1. In a bowl, mash beans with fork or spoon.
2. Heat oil in a skillet on medium. If using onion or garlic, add to skillet and cook until tender.
3. Add beans, salt and pepper and cook, stirring often, until bean liquid starts to evaporate. Reduce heat and simmer until desired consistency, about 5 minutes. Serve as a side dish with cheese sprinkled on top or use as a filling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Biber dolmasi ( stuffed peppers )

    This dish is very common dish in Turkey. I used to cook it top of the stove but I use slow cooker now. It works very well. I prepare it ...