Saturday, March 26, 2011

Quinoa Pilaf

Jeremy bought quinoa from Costco. I never cook it before and I saw recipe on the package. I had to try it. I cooked last night. We love it. It was so delicious:)  Here it is website,
http://www.earthlychoice.com/quinoa-recipes.html

Ingredients
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 onion, chopped
 chopped 2 carrots, diced
1 cup quinoa   
2 cup chicken broth
2/3 cup chopped walnuts
1 /4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Salt to taste
    
Directions:

    * Pour oil into a medium saucepan, and place over medium heat. Add onion and carrots; cook and stir for 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Stir in quinoa and chicken broth bring to boil. reduce simmer, cover and cook 15 minutes or until quinoa is tender and fluffy. In a bowl toss quinoa together with walnuts and parsley. Serve hot or at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Biber dolmasi ( stuffed peppers )

    This dish is very common dish in Turkey. I used to cook it top of the stove but I use slow cooker now. It works very well. I prepare it ...