Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Meatballs in Peanut Sauce with vegetables

This recipe from cookbook called Practical cookery Chinese. It is easy ti make it. I came back from running tonight and it was in my mind to cook this dish and I made it in a short time. Of course, I made some changes as usual. Recipe didn't have vegetables I used some vegetables. Also, I used ground turkey instead of beef.
I realized that I posted this recipe on my blog before but with different vegetables. If you try to make this recipe you can use any kind of vegetables.
Ingredients
2 cups ground turkey
2 tsp finely grated fresh gingerroot
1 small red chili, seeded and chopped finely
1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp vegetable oil
salt and pepper
 2 carrots sliced
2 celery sticks sliced

Sauce
2 tbsp red curry paste
1 cup coconut milk
1 cup ground peanuts
1 tbsp fish sauce
Preparation Method
Mix the ingredients except the vegetables make about 12 balls.
Heta the sesame oil and vegetable oil in a skillet and fry the meatballs over a medium heat until well browned on all sides, about 10 minutes. Lift them out and set aside.
To make  the sauce stir fry the red curry paste in the skillet for 1 minute. Add the coconut milk. peanuts, and fish sauce. Heat stirring until just simmering. Add vegetables in the sauce with meatballs. and cook gently for 10-15 minutes.
Season with a little salt and pepper. Serve garnished with chopped fresh basil.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Biber dolmasi ( stuffed peppers )

    This dish is very common dish in Turkey. I used to cook it top of the stove but I use slow cooker now. It works very well. I prepare it ...