Sunday, March 13, 2011

Citrus Marinated Chicken

This recipe is from  cookbook called 1000 low fat. I tried this marinade before it was unbelievable flavorful. I would like to cook it for tonight and post it on my cooking blog.   Recipe used whole chicken but I used 2 chicken breast. I will post the recipe from book. If anyone wants to use chicken breast they can adjust all the ingredients accordingly.
Ingredients
1 chicken, cut into 4 pieces
1 tbsp mild chili powder
1 tbsp paprika
2 tsp ground cumin
juice and rind of 1 orange
juice of 3 limes
pinch of sugar
8-10 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 bunch of fresh cilantro,coarsely chopped
2-3 tbsp olive oil1/4 cup beer, tequila or pineapple juice ( I used tequila )
salt and pepper 
Preparation Method
Place the chicken pieces in a large nonmetallic dish. Combine all the ingredients except chicken in a bowl.
Pour the marinade over the chicken, turn to coat well, then cover , and set aside an hour room temperature. If possible marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
Remove the chicken from the marinade and pat dry with paper towels. Reserve the marinade. 
Put the chicken on a broiler pan and cook under a preheated broiler for 20-25 minutes, turning ones , until the chicken is cooked through. Alternatively, cook in a ridged griddle pan. Brush with the marinade occasionally.
Transfer the chicken warm serving plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Biber dolmasi ( stuffed peppers )

    This dish is very common dish in Turkey. I used to cook it top of the stove but I use slow cooker now. It works very well. I prepare it ...