Monday, February 7, 2011

Pizza Sauce

This is Jeremy again (got that Jay?).  I made pizza for yesterday's Super Bowl party, and even though I've posted the recipe for the dough (and pesto sauce) before, I've never posted the recipe for tomato-based pizza sauce.  So here it is. :-)


Ingredients

1 can tomato paste
2 cans water (use the tomato paste can to measure)
1/2 cup red wine (sweet is good)
1 head garlic, chopped
2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried parsley
1 Tblsp olive oil
salt to season

Instructions
Mix ingredients in small pot
Bring to a slow boil
Reduce heat and simmer to reduce to a thick sauce

Spread over pizza dough, cover with toppings, bake and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Biber dolmasi ( stuffed peppers )

    This dish is very common dish in Turkey. I used to cook it top of the stove but I use slow cooker now. It works very well. I prepare it ...