Thursday, January 6, 2011

Mercimek corbasi (Lentil Soup )

 I found this recipe almost 30 years ago cook book called  Bereketli Olsun by Gonul Candas. I changes over the years and become my recipe.  This lentil soup can be cooked a lot of different ways. It is very tasty if you put half cup of milk or coconut milk after cooking. I made it light. Everyone loves this recipe. All my friends who was asking this recipe please try it.
Ingredients

1 cup lentil ( washed )
1 cup chicken stock
4 cup water
1  onion  chopped
1 potatoes chopped
1 carrot chopped
1 tbsp tomatoes paste
1 tsp cumin   
salt and pepper
pepper flakes and dry mint for garnish

Add all the ingredients the pan bring to boil reduce the heat ,and simmer for about 45 minutes.
Remove the pan from heat and mix with hand blender. Return the pureed soup to the heat simmer over medium heat until reheated.
Ladle the soup into warm bowls garnish with pepper flakes and dry mint.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Biber dolmasi ( stuffed peppers )

    This dish is very common dish in Turkey. I used to cook it top of the stove but I use slow cooker now. It works very well. I prepare it ...