Saturday, January 8, 2011

Walnut Pesto

This recipe is from www.food .com
I used to make pesto with pine nuts but I tried with walnut and love it. It is very easy to make.

Ingredients

    2 cups packed basil leaves ( approx. 2 oz)
    1/2 cup olive oil
    1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
    2 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
    1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)

    Preparation Method

    Place basil, olive oil, walnuts, garlic and salt (if using) in food processor.
    Blend until thoroughly combined.
    Add Parmesan and and blend 5-10 seconds more.
    Just before serving, add 2 Tbsp of hot pasta water from cooked past.
     

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Featured post

    Biber dolmasi ( stuffed peppers )

        This dish is very common dish in Turkey. I used to cook it top of the stove but I use slow cooker now. It works very well. I prepare it ...