Saturday, October 13, 2018

Black Bean Soup

I'm so happy that I'm back to posting my daily cooking. I found this recipe from Minimalist Baker blog.  
I love the soup picture she took. I'm still learning how to take good food picture. It is not easy but I will try until I get it right. Anyways, I love this soup and of course, I made a lot of changes. I added carrot, used fresh corn, tomato and made my own sauce. I used instant pot for cooking. It is very easy to use. It is a magic pot. I love it! If anyone want to try original recipe the link is above.
We enjoyed the soup since little chilly weather today.


Ingredients

2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 white or yellow onion (diced)
3 cloves garlic (minced)
1/2 red or orange pepper (diced)
1 carrot (diced) 
1 tomato 
1 1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 red chile sauce ( I made from dried red pepper ) any chipotle salsa works.
4 cups chicken stock
2 15-ounce black beans (cooked in salt /slightly drained
3 fresh corn on the cob ( cooked and remove the cob)


FOR SERVING optional

Lime juice Fresh cilantro (chopped) Red onion (diced) Tortilla chips Ripe avocado (cubed) Hot sauce

Instructions

Turn the  instant pot saute setting. Once hot, add oil, garlic, onion, pepper, carrot an a pinch each salt and pepper and stir. Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently, until onions are translucent and the peppers have a bit of color. Add cumin and chili powder and stir to coat. Then add salsa, vegetable stock.. Stir to combine.
Cancel the saute setting and then press the manual button and chose 6 minutes. When the cooking cycle finish wait 5 minutes before opening the instant pot and make sure that turn the knob towards venting position.
Serve with any garnishes you like!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Biber dolmasi ( stuffed peppers )

    This dish is very common dish in Turkey. I used to cook it top of the stove but I use slow cooker now. It works very well. I prepare it ...