Thursday, August 25, 2011

Chicken and bean bake

This recipe is from cookbook called Low fat low cholesterol Anne Sheasby . This cookbook is my favorite these days. I added zucchini to this recipe and used chicken instead of turkey.  I found this recipe for  the company potluck. I like the taste. I hope my coworkers like it.

Ingredients
1 medium eggplant, thinly sliced
1 zucchini, thinly sliced
1 tbsp olive oil, for brushing
1 lb chicken breast, diced
1 medium onion, chopped
14 oz chopped tomatoes
15 oz can red kidney beans,drained
1 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp dried thyme
1 tsp chili sauce
1 1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
salt and pepper
garnish with parsley
Preparation Method 
Preheat  the oven to 375F. Brush a nonstick pan with oil and cook the eggplant and zucchini in batches,turning once, until golden.
Remove the eggplant and zucchini, add the chicken and onion to the pan , then cook until lightly  browned. Stir in the tomatoes, beans, paprika, thyme, chili sauce and salt and pepper. In a separate bowl, mix together the yogurt and ground nutmeg.
Layer the meat and eggplant, zucchini in an ovenproof dish, finishing with eggplant. Spread over the yogurt and bake for 50-60 minutes.

  




2 comments:

Featured post

Biber dolmasi ( stuffed peppers )

    This dish is very common dish in Turkey. I used to cook it top of the stove but I use slow cooker now. It works very well. I prepare it ...