Sunday, June 12, 2011

Quinoa with pine nuts and currants

I made up this recipe.It came out very good.

Ingredients
2 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion chopped
1 cup quinoa
2 cups chicken stock
2 tbsp pine nuts
2 tbsp currants
1 tbsp chopped fresh dill

Preparation Method
Heat oil in a pan over medium high heat. Cook onion and pine nuts in oil for 5 minutes. Add quinoa, currants and chicken broth, bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer, cover and cook 15 to 20 minutes, or until quinoa is tender and fluffy. Garnish with dill and serve.

2 comments:

  1. I have a package of Quinoa in my pantry and now I am glad you have reminded me to cook it. I think I will try cranberries and walnuts,

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cranberries and walnuts goes with quinoa perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

Biber dolmasi ( stuffed peppers )

    This dish is very common dish in Turkey. I used to cook it top of the stove but I use slow cooker now. It works very well. I prepare it ...