Tuesday, February 1, 2011

patlicanli tavuklu bulgur ( Eggplant and chicken with bulgur )

Okay, I came home late today so I didn't have time to look recipes. I had to cook so I made up this recipe. It is Turkish style cooking. I saw my mom was cooking similar food. I never saw my mom looking cook books when I was growing up.

Ingredients
2 eggplant chopped small cubes
1 onion chopped small cubes
2 jalapeno pepper chopped 
3 tablespoon olive oil
1 pieces chicken breast chopped very small
2 tomatoes chopped small cubes 
1 teaspoon tomatoes paste 
1 teaspoon red pepper paste ( optional )
1/2 cup fresh  parsley
1/2 cup fresh dil
1 cup bulgur
1 1/2 cup water



Preparation MethodSaute onion and jalapeno pepper with olive oil.  
Add chicken, saute until chicken is almost opaque throughout about 3 minutes.
Add eggplant, saute until eggplants are tender. And than add tomatoes, tomatoes paste, red pepper paste, dill parsley cook about 2 minutes. 
Add  bulgur and water, cook with low heat. If bulgur is not cooked enough put little more water. 
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Biber dolmasi ( stuffed peppers )

    This dish is very common dish in Turkey. I used to cook it top of the stove but I use slow cooker now. It works very well. I prepare it ...