Saturday, January 29, 2011

Guacamole

 I got this recipe cook book called Perfect Mexican. Recipe didn't have tomatoes.I added tomatoes.
January 27th was my birthday and I didn't cook that day. My neighbor invited us to happy hour. I surprised them making guacamole. We eat with tortilla chips. They loved it. We had great time. I love my neighbors.

Ingredients

  •  3 avocados
  • 1 small red onion, finely chopped
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 ripe tomato, chopped
  • 1 fresh jalapeno pepper chopped
  • 1/4 tsp ground cumin
  • 1 lime, juiced
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
  • salt and pepper to taste

 

Directions

  1. Peel and mash avocados in a medium serving bowl. Stir in onion, garlic, tomato, lime juice, jalapeno pepper, cumin,olive oil,cilantro salt and pepper. Season with remaining lime juice and salt and pepper to taste. Chill for half an hour to blend flavors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Biber dolmasi ( stuffed peppers )

    This dish is very common dish in Turkey. I used to cook it top of the stove but I use slow cooker now. It works very well. I prepare it ...