Friday, October 12, 2018

Chayote Black Bean Salad

 Finally, I''m back to blog my cooking again!!!!! I tried this Mexican Salad from Perfect Mexican cookbook in the past. I tried again and I used chayote instead of avocado. It gave crunchy texture. It is a light healthy salad. 

Ingredients
Serves 4-6
6 garlic gloves
1/4 cup olive oil
juice of 1 lime
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp paprika
5 scallions , thinly sliced
1 head romaine lettuce
8 oz canned corn kernels, drained
17 oz canned red kidney beans, drained
2 chayote instead 2 avocado
2 ripe tomatoes
1 jalapeno pepper small chopped ( optional)
half cup fresh cilantro 
Handful of crisp tortilla chips.

Method
To make the dressing combine lime juice, and oil with the vinegar,chili powder, cumin, and paprika in a small bowl, then set aside.
Toss the scallions with the lettuce and arrange on a serving platter. Pour half of the dressing over the leaves, then arrange the corn,beans, avocado or chayote, and tomatoes  over the top.sprinkle with the jalapeno pepper and cilantro.
                                 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Biber dolmasi ( stuffed peppers )

    This dish is very common dish in Turkey. I used to cook it top of the stove but I use slow cooker now. It works very well. I prepare it ...