Monday, January 12, 2015

Steamed Kebab ( Bugu Kebabi )


I received as a gift cookbook called "Bereketli olsun" 30 years ago when I was in the collage. I was interested cooking even before collage years and I was mostly baking. I made so many dishes from this cooking book over the years. One of my best meat recipe was Steamed kebab. If you find right meat it will the best meat dish ever. One of my friend brought me as a gift same book with new version and also English. I was so happy. Here is the pictures of the book from 30 years ago and new version.
















I will write this recipe English and Turkish :)

Ingredients (Malzemeler )
1 kg  of cubed beef sirloin   (1 kg koyun kusbasi et )
2 tablespoon  of oil (2 kasik yag )
3 small onions (3 avuc arpacik sogan )
3-4 cloves of garlic ( 3 dis sarimsak )
1 tomato ( 2 domates)
1 teaspoon of thyme ( 1 cay kasigi kekik )
1-2 bay leaves ( 2 defne yapragi )

Directions ( Yapilisi )
1- In a pressure cooker, stir together oil, chopped onion, garlic,grated tomato, thyme,bay leaves, slat and black pepper.
( duduklu tencereye et, sogan,sarmsak,tuz, karabiber,kekik,defne yapragi, ve rendelenmis domates ile yag karisik konur.
2-Cover and cook for an hour on a low heat. Remove from heat and uncover once it steams.
(Su koy,adan kapak kapatilir. Hafif ateste 1 saat pisirilir )
3-Serve with mash potato or rice
( Pilav ve salata ile servis yapilir



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Biber dolmasi ( stuffed peppers )

    This dish is very common dish in Turkey. I used to cook it top of the stove but I use slow cooker now. It works very well. I prepare it ...