Saturday, December 27, 2014

One pot tomate basil pasta with meatballs

I made this pasta dish from online http://www.apronstringsblog.com/one-pot-wonder-tomato-basil-pasta-recipe/ a while ago but didn't post on my blog. Jeremy loved it and he posted picture of the dish for a while ago. I 'm glad that I decided to go back to posting my recipes again. I love this pasta dish because cooking style is different. I found this recipe from online as a meatless dish but we love our meat. I added ground chicken meatballs to this dish.  Also, I used fresh tomatoes instead of can and cooked differently. Here is the my version of the recipe,

 Ingredients:
12 ounces linguine pasta
15 meatballs ( I prepared meatballs ahead of time )
4 tomatoes chopped
1 medium onion, cut in 1/4 inch julienne strips
4 cloves garlic, very thinly sliced
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
4 1/2 cups chicken broth
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 bunch (about 10 to 12 leaves) basil, diced
Parmesan cheese for garnish

Preparation:
Put  olive oil in the pan with onion and garlic cook 2 minutes and then add tomatoes cook 2 more minutes. Pour in chicken stock. Sprinkle on top the pepper flakes and oregano.Add pasta cover pot and bring to boil.
 Reduce to a low simmer and keep covered and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes or so. Cook until almost all liquid has evaporated – I left about an inch of liquid in the bottom of the pot – but you can reduce as desired .
Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add basil leaves and stir pasta several times to distribute the liquid in the bottom of the pot evenly throughout the pasta as you are serving. Serve garnished with Parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Biber dolmasi ( stuffed peppers )

    This dish is very common dish in Turkey. I used to cook it top of the stove but I use slow cooker now. It works very well. I prepare it ...