Monday, September 1, 2014

Chickpea Salad

I made a chickpea salad yesterday. I wasn't posting my cooking for a while but I decided to post this salad recipe. I loved it so much. I found it online when I was searching chickpea recipes. The link is;
http://www.inspiredtaste.net/19298/fresh-chickpea-salad-recipe-with-lemon-and-dill/
I only made one change for this recipe. I didn't use can chickpea. I always get dry chickpea and soak at night and boil until it cook the next day.
Ingredients,
  • 1 1/2 cups (227 grams) diced cucumber
  • 2 cups (170 grams) chopped small tomatoes
  • Two 15-ounce (425 grams) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
  • 1/4 cup (59 ml) lemon juice
  • 1/4 cup (59 ml) olive oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon honey
  • 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
  • 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
  • 1/3 cup (28 grams) crumbled feta cheese
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Directions
  1. Combine cucumber, tomatoes and the rinsed chickpeas in a large bowl.
  2. In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, honey and the mustard. Season with salt and pepper then stir in the chopped dill.
Add dressing and feta cheese to salad and toss until well mixed. Cover then refrigerate at least 15 minutes before serving giving time for all the flavors to come together

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Biber dolmasi ( stuffed peppers )

    This dish is very common dish in Turkey. I used to cook it top of the stove but I use slow cooker now. It works very well. I prepare it ...