Sunday, December 8, 2013

Plaited Loaf

Finally, I learned how to make bread :) I found this recipe cookbook called  The Great Big Baking Book. I followed the recipe but one ingredient was strong flour. I don't know what is it so I used bread flour instead.

Ingredients:
 1 tablespoon active dried yeast
 1 teaspoon honey
8 fl oz (250ml) lukewarm milk
2 oz (55g) butter melted
15oz (420g) bread flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 egg yolk beaten with 1 teaspoon milk for glazing.
Direction:
Combine the yeast, honey milk and butter. Stir leave for 15 minutes to dissolve.
Ina mixer bowl,put together the flour and salt. Make a well in the center and add the yeast mixture and egg and mixed it.
Take the bowl from mixer cover and leave to rise in a warm place until doupled in volume, about 1 1/2 hours
Grease baking sheet. Punch down the dough and divide into three equal pieces. Roll to shape each piece into a long thin strip.
Begin plaiting with the center strip, tucking in the ends. Cover loosely and leave to rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
Preheat a 375 F oven. Brush with the glaze and bake until golden, 40-45 minutes. Turn out onto a rack to cool.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Biber dolmasi ( stuffed peppers )

    This dish is very common dish in Turkey. I used to cook it top of the stove but I use slow cooker now. It works very well. I prepare it ...