Sunday, December 15, 2013

Classic White Bread

I'm so excited making breads these days. I try to make bread all those years in my life but I wasn't successful about it. I'm fascinated how the dough rise. I'm so happy that I can make bread.
This recipe comes from the GOLD MEDAL bread floor box. please visit www.goldmedalflour.com
I made some changes and I would like to share with you.

Ingredients:
  • 2packages (4 1/2 teaspoons) active dry yeast
  •   2 tablespoon granulated sugar
  • 2cups warm water
  • 1 tablespoon salt 
  • 2 tablespoon olive oil
  • 2 tablespoon butter (melted ) 
  • 6 cups Gold Medal® Better for Bread™ flour   
 Direction:
  • Combine the yeast with the sugar and warm water in an electric mixer bowl fitted with a dough paddle. Allow to rise about 10 minutes.
  • In a separate bowl, whisk the butter, olive oil,  salt with the flour and add to the yeast mixture, one cup at a time, until the dough is smooth and springy. Continue to knead with the dough paddle until about 5 minutes. Leave it at the same mixer bowl. Cover and let rise in a warm place until double in bulk, about 1 1/2  hours until dough has doubled in size.
  •  Grease bottoms and sides of two 8x4 or 9x5 inch loaf pans with cooking spray.
  • Divide dough in half. Place dough in to the pan. Brush loaves with olive oil. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let rise in warm place 30 minutes or until dough rise. 
  • Heat oven 425 F Bake 25 to 30 minutes. or until loaves are deep golden brown and sound hollow when tapped. Remove  from pans to wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Biber dolmasi ( stuffed peppers )

    This dish is very common dish in Turkey. I used to cook it top of the stove but I use slow cooker now. It works very well. I prepare it ...