Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Pilaf with pine nuts and currants ( ic pilav )

I got this recipe from the website, http://english.turkishcookbook.com/2007/12/pilaf-with-chicken-liver.html
This is very famous Turkish dish.  I made some changes. I didn't use chicken liver. I used parsley instead of dill.

Ingredients 
2 cups rice
2 tbsp olive oil or butter
1 onion chopped
1/2 cup pine nuts
1/2 cup currants
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp allspice
salt and pepper
3 cups chicken broth
fresh chopped parsley or dill

Preparation Method
Melt the butter in a cooking pot. Saute onion 2-3 minutes while stirring. Add pine nuts, current and saute another 3 minutes. Then add rice, cinnamon, allspice, salt and pepper,stir. Pour hot chicken stock and cover the lid. Turn heat to low cook until rice absorbs all the water. Let pilaf stand 5 minutes. Garnish with chopped parsley or dill and serve. It will be very good side dish with chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Biber dolmasi ( stuffed peppers )

    This dish is very common dish in Turkey. I used to cook it top of the stove but I use slow cooker now. It works very well. I prepare it ...